Cindy Ehlers, CPDT-KA, D.N.C.C.M., CFT, CFE, CT,
Ever since Cindy was knee high to a grasshopper (4 years old), she has been helping animals. At 4 years old. Her early career began with a kitten she begged her grandfather to rescue from the attic of an abandoned garage and later consisted of letting dogs off chains and opening gates to free them from their yards.
She started her dog training career in 1991 as a kennel tech at a small boarding kennel in Elmira (Klassic Tails Inn) and completed her grooming and dog training apprenticeship a year later. During those early years, she worked with behavior challenged dogs as a groomer and kennel tech., offered basic dog training classes and continued to work part time at the boarding kennel.
• Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT-KA)
• AKC Canine Good Citizen Evaluator #78029
• Member, Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT), Member #1590
• Full Certification applicant International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC)
• Affiliate Member- Shelter Division, International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC)
• Therapy Dog Instructor and Evaluator www.loveonaleash.org
• Trick Dog Instructor
• Certified K9 Crisis Instructor/Evaluator/Handler Crisis Response Canines
• Co-Founder, Canine Miracle Rescue
• Co-Founder, People and Animals Who Serve (PAAWS)
• Founder, National Crisis Response Canines
• Founder, Hope Animal Assisted Crisis Response