Cindy Ehlers, CPDT-KA, D.N.C.C.M., CFT, CFE, CT,
Ever since Cindy was knee high to a grasshopper (4 years old), she has been helping animals. Her early career began with a kitten she begged her grandfather to rescue from the attic of an abandoned garage and later consisted of letting dogs off chains and opening gates to free them from their yards.
She started her dog training career in 1991 as a kennel tech at a small boarding kennel in Elmira (Klassic Tails Inn) and completed her grooming and dog training apprenticeship a year later. During those early years, she worked with behavior challenged dogs as a groomer and kennel tech., offered basic dog training classes and continued to work part time at the boarding kennel.
Helping People It wasn't long before she discovered she was really good at problem solving and helping people going through difficult times with their dogs. She started Simple Solutions for behavior problems classes but soon realized people needed more one on one time for their specific problems. Since 1995 she has focused her continuing education on behavioral solutions for fear, aggression, separation anxiety, bad manners and overall naughtiness.
In 1997 Cindy realized her dog could help comfort those going through a difficult time.
Helping Dogs From 2008 through July of 2012, Cindy was the Behavior & Training Coordinator for Lane County Animal Services. During her 4 years she worked extensively with Pit Bull and Pit Bull mixes. It has since been an ongoing love affair for this misunderstood breed. She has become a local expert in helping this breed and other breeds with serious problems.
Note from the trainer: " If you have a dog you are considering training to be a working dog such as a service dog, a therapy dog or crisis response dog, if you have a working dog and need help with training or public access testing, behavior assessments, and personality testing
If you would like to have therapy or crisis response dogs visit your agency, organization, healthcare facility, etc please don't hesitate to contact me
• Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT-KA) #3020257
• AKC Canine Good Citizen Evaluator #78029
• Member, Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT), Member #1590
• Full Certification applicant International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC)
• Affiliate Member- Shelter Division, International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC)
• Therapy Dog Instructor and Evaluator www.loveonaleash.org
• Trick Dog Instructor
• Certified K9 Crisis Instructor/Evaluator/Handler Crisis Response Canines
• Co-Founder, Canine Miracle Rescue
• Co-Founder, People and Animals Who Serve (PAAWS)
• Founder, National Crisis Response Canines
• Founder, Hope Animal Assisted Crisis Response